Patients who are going to loose their last teeth, face the fear of staying without teeth until their new prosthesis is made.
If you are one of those patients, you don't need to worry any more.
We can fabricate an immediate denture for you.
Immediate is the denture that is placed in your mouth right away after the extraction of your teeth.
The traditional approach of a full denture fabrication is the delayed one, where the teeth are extracted and the patients wait for some time for their gums to heal. After this healing period, the dentist takes an impression to have a denture made.
Our patients always wonder what they are going to do in the meantime? The immediate denture is the solution for this issue.
We use a special technique and fabricate a denture before your teeth extraction. As a result the denture is ready at the time of the extractions.
The technique is especially useful when the last teeth in the mouth are the front teeth, that have such an important meaning to speech and esthetics.
Advantages of an immediate denture:
- Patients have a new set of teeth right after the extractions of their teeth.
- The facial characteristics do not change when the last teeth are extracted.
- The denture can look like your natural teeth in case you like them. We can copy all their features so that nobody will be able to tell that you had your teeth changed in any way.
Disadvantages of an immediate denture:
- The denture may need to be relined right after the extractions.
- The denture may need a reline 6 months after the extraction of your teeth.
- There is no final try in, so you can only see your denture when they are finished.
Some patients worry that it may be difficult for them to have their teeth removed and the new denture placed at the same time.
In case you have a lot of teeth that need to be removed, then we may decide to have the posterior teeth removed first and leave only the anterior for the date of the denture delivery. This way we can reduce the necessary number of last minute extractions. We also use soft lining materials after the extractions, that provide a soft surface over the extractions.
Still skeptical? Don't be...in our practice all the dentures fabricated for patients loosing their last teeth are all immediate dentures.
They can be fabricated in a very short period of time and can be your final prosthesis or a transitional one, in case you wish to continue with dental implant treatment.
Would you consider having an immediate denture or do you prefer the traditional approach?
if you have questions please don't hesitate to ask, by filling the form below.